Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Decisions

Ok, so here are my choices. I am mostly torn between the red shoes, the solid black heels (not the ombre ones as much) and the boots. I know it's spring and I don't *need* the boots as much, but I am chronically cold and would likely wear them in the house, all the time. They are knitted (as you can see) and I think they would be very comfortable. I don't know if I would wear them outside the house - hello, no heels, lol! - but I just *want* them so much. The red shoes I think are adorable, but more than red shoes, I think I need some close toed black heels and I've been wanting some Mary Janes for a while now. So, what do you think? I actually really like the first pair with the grey fading into black a lot, but am betting I won't get them over the others. Help! I need help. Oh, and by the way, none of these are shoes I would wear for work, I don't think. I'll know more about what I'll be comfortable with after I start and know how much I'll be on my feet. The only bad thing is that right now, I'm between a 7 and a 7.5, so I don't know for sure which size to get. It's a gamble. I wish I knew where to find these here in town.











16 comments:

Kimmah said...

Love the red shoes. I need them--link?

The boots sort of border on house shoes to me. It would be a fine line, I think. If you would use them in the house and they aren't pricey, I'd go for it.

There is something that bugs me about the platform on the black ones. It's almost out of proportion or something. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Tomorrow I'm wearing my new favorite plaid cor wedge sandals...the heel is just a smidge under 4 inches and I love them. Super comfortable. I got them at TJ Maxx.

MM said...

Kimmah, here is the link for the EBay store that is(?) selling these (not sure how many they have and what sizes) - http://www.makemechic.com/

I agree about the boots, they are basically glorified slippers, IMO. I want them for taking the kids to school in the morning and lounging around the house. I *really* wanted Uggs, but those are ridiculously expensive and a lot of knock offs have cheap feeling "fur" inside that I don't like.

As for the odd platform, it was actually addressed in the item description...I think they said it was "the new thing" or something, lol. I'm not too concerned about the odd shape; I just love the shoe.

Hmm, I have a TJ Maxx that I never go in to. Maybe I should check it out, even just for the shoes. Nice to know there's another shoe lover out there, lol!

MM said...

Ok, I went to the website and found the red shoes under the "high heels" section on page one.

kim (weltek) said...

Stacy & Clinton were bashing Mary Janes the other day. Just sayin'. :-)

The red ones are really cute, but yeah, I know what you mean about needing black ones more.

Swami said...

I'm a sucker for red shoes so I'd get those. I also lioke the odd shaped platform on the black ones. I like things that don't look "regular".

Yesterday just for fun (and inspired by you) I looked for shoes on eBay - in my clown-foot size 12s. Turns out a lot of them were trannie gear. Like thigh-high, silver-lame, spike-heeled boots and stuff. Very entertaining.

kim (weltek) said...

Speaking of trannie gear...I watched some "Reality's Most Outrageous Moments" show, and on "Cheaters," some woman caught her husband with a very trannie looking woman in an S&M moment. He said right to her, point blank, "She's helping me work out some intimacy issues." He was saying this while half naked, a black hood on and his hands tied together. OMH.

MM said...

*snort* OMG, that is so not where I saw this post going....LOL!

Bravie said...

*snort* at Kim.

Anonymous said...

Red Gingham gets my vote today.

Oh, okay, shoes. I guess I like the red ones the best. Hmmm, I'm not quite sure if you understand how hard this whole shoe thing is for me. I think one day I will take a picture of my closet and shoe you my shoe collection. Let me know when there is someone else there who can call 911 for you

Swami said...

The right shoes (or boots) can be very useful in working out intimacy issues.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Red Ones!

(but just cause they are cool, not because of swami's issues)

Kimmah said...

I cannot believe those red shoes are only 16 bucks. And? they have my size. Wooohooooo. I heart really high sling backs and I don't have any snappy red shoes. I am ordering them now. Woot!

dragonflies said...

Those boots look WAY comfortable. But for shoes, I love those red ones. I want red shoes.

I wish I was between 7-7.5 size. I wear 11. *sigh*

Oh, and *hugs*! I haven't given yours to Kim yet, so I figured I would go direct.

MM said...

LOL, Boo. Yes, you'll have to do that for me. I should take some pix of the shoes I just bought for work, they are nothing like these. Maybe they are something you'd like!

*giggles @ Swami*

Yay Kimmah! If you get yours before I order mine, you'll have to tell me how accurate the sizing is. I hope they work out for you. :)

DF, it's funny because shoe size is not something I think about, but my DD hates that she wears a 9.5. I am just envious of those with larger feet because it typically means you are taller than me, lol!

I *heart* the boots too, but they are too much after shipping. I'd like to find a store that has a couple that I like so I can combine the shipping.

Kimmah said...

I ordered a size nine and FedEx brought them today, but I wasn't home to sign for them. Waaaah!!! They'll drop them again on Monday. I left the signy thingy stuck to my front door (I was afraid to take it inside because I'd forget it).

At least I think it's my shoes...I haven't ordered anything else recently. The shipping was insane high--like ten bucks, but the shoes were still less than thirty, so I decided it was doable.

I will report on Monday...hopefully with pictures of cute shoes on my tanned feet!

Puffy said...

You know that peep meet you want to have with me? Bring your shoes. I wear a 7-7.5, too.