I went to the Skecher's Outlet today in the seediest part of town and of all the shoes, I found nothing. I *did* find the perfect pair, in the right color, and the right size, and on SALE! but they were slightly damaged and I don't need tennis shoes that need work already. Damnit. What a bummer. I never make it over to that area so I was really hoping to find something and was totally ready to pull the trigger on shoes that cost give or take $50 (and the ones I wanted were only $30), so it was really disheartening. On my way home though, I spotted Ross. Do you have a Ross? It's kind of a discount store, but you really pay for the discount by having to muck though the clutter. None of the shoes are in the right place size-wise, and it's jam packed and totally disorganized. Boo, don't ever go to Ross. ;-)
Anyways, I recently cleaned out my wallet and found a mystery voucher from there, so I thought, "what the heck, I'll check it out". I was hoping to find some tennis shoes, but instead, I got these:
(and we all know I *needed* these)
They are made by Carlos Santana. I had NO idea he had a line of shoes. And who cares who made them? They were only $24.99! I also got some purple polka dotted bed sheets for DD and a shirt for her as well. Oh, and some Colonial brand tealight candles that were only $1.99 for 9, cranberry scented. *sniiifffs* Yum! My mystery voucher turned out to be worth $18 so I walked out having spent $30, out of pocket. And I really did feel much better. :)
Am I the only one who finds shopping therapeutic?




9 comments:
Carlos Santana makes shoes?
I've heard of Ross, but I have no idea if there is one here. Thanks for the warning. *grin*
I went to Shoe Carnival yesterday to get shoes for Conner. He likes the Carters shoes that have velcro and little sports balls on them. And usually Shoe Carnival has sale where you get the second pair half off.
Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Nil. Not a darn thing. Grrrrr. Thankfully he has a cheap pair from Target, but they tie. He complains about tie shoes, even if we double the laces.
I refuse to go to Stride Rite. There is a point where I refuse to pay a bazillion bucks for a pair of shoes that he will wear out in a matter of months.
I came across a certain "hot" Christmas ornament the other day and thought of you.
I knew about the Carlos Santana shoes! There was a big display at Macy's when I was looking at jeans and such a few weeks ago. I liked most of them.
LOL-you are right, Boo shouldn't go there. It reminds me of a TJ Maxx, only a little better. I've only been at the one in downtown SF, and it was pretty well organized.
My retail therapy tends to take place at Walgreens in the candy aisle. ;)
Actually, although I have an especially fond memory of that Ross store, and I've bought socks there before, I do have a hard time wanting to shop there because of the chaos.
Kim, we have a TJ Maxx store very near the Ross store and it's much cleaner and more organized than Ross when I've been there, but I don't go in there often.
There's a TJ Maxx up in Duluth, MN that's so nice. I love to go when we visit family. Ours here in Madison is ugly and chaotic, but I love to dig and find deals.
I can't be bothered to sort thru all the stuff, so I tend not to go to Ross - DH ventured in with the kids during spring break, but found nothing. B found a pair of skater shoes he really liked in his size, but he put them down for a minute, and some other punk kid picked them up. He was bummed.
I like grocery shopping. Does that count? It's theraputic because I am alone in my own little world. But not just sitting at home. And I get to pick things and be creative. And I can take my time and just be with me and the food. *grin*
Yes Boo, he does. I looked these ones up online and they apparently go for $98! Wow! Try a kiddie consignment store for shoes for Conner, maybe?
Umm, sure Carey. I guess that counts. (dork)
my ross smells bad. pretty shoes.
We have a Ross here and I used to buy stuff for my kids there. It IS a mess! Kim's right; it's like TJ Maxx.
Post a Comment