Also edited to say that those lovely shoes I bought? Are more difficult to walk in than I realized they would be. I'm so used to a platform that makes the incline not as steep, that I never even considered that these would be harder. It will be interesting to see if I can master the walk, lol!
What are you doing today? Me? I have to get my kids from school at noon (a minimum day) and then take DD to do a little shopping and a couple errands. I was supposed to go to a makeup party thingy tonight but I am really leaning towards calling in sick. I don't want to make the drive (45 minutes) and I *know* I'll be pressured to stay late. I think this is a sign of getting older. *sigh*
Today (edited to say that "today" was actually yesterday), I had to drive out to Wilton (a little "town" out in the country) to fetch my mother's purse. She left it at a client's house, but we've known the people forever. It's so funny because this is one of the few people on the planet that calls me "Tabby". I *hate* being called Tabby. But she's in her 70s, so I never feel like I can ask her to stop. My DD kept looking at me every time she said it, lol.
Would you feel comfortable telling an elderly person you've known forever, but aren't particularly close to, to stop calling you by the nickname they've chosen?
Ok, that's all I got. We need updates people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




13 comments:
I just finished a snack of plain 1% cottage cheese. No add-ns. Woo Hoo for protein.
My left foot hurts today.
I am going to the gym for a good cardio workout in about an hour.
I'm getting ready for a cup of java.
I had a ver disturbing night, which I'll have to blog about later.
Yay for Friday!
I wouldn't bother telling an old person the nickname bothered me (unless it was derogatory). Life's about picking and choosing battles, IMHO.
Good for you, Boo. I caved and bought the low-fat cinnamon swirl coffee cake from starbucks. I did resist the coffee though, and made tea at home. Still, I don't feel too good about it. Have fun at the gym!! *giggle*
Oh, and sorry about your night...I'll check your blog!
I agree Kim. I've let it go for years. I thought it was so funny how DD kept looking at me, expecting a reaction. It was probably a good lesson for her, too.
I wouldn't say anything to her either, especially if she wasn't in a position to make the nickname catch on with others.
Have a good weekend, Tab!
I'm still very boring.
I used my day off to do my taxes.
*yawn*
See? Boring!
*smooch*
*pokes head in* *waves to everyone*
I'm packing tonight. And tomorrow. And Sunday.
I've got to get my aras in gear. I've been too concerned with buying stuff for my new place and not concerned with getting all my old stuff packed up! And I only have 3 weekends to do it. Eep!
*smooches for everyone* *pokes head back out*
*waves to Jen*
I'm with weltek. The old Greek couple next door have never called me by the right name. DD asked me about it once and I just told her that it doesn't really matter to me what people call me as long as it's in a nice way. (In this case, they just can't seem to wrap their brains around an unusual name.) I really want to feel that way.
Do you have name issues, MM? If so, I wonder if it's because your name is unusual. My name is too, and people used to do all kinds of things to it to make fun of me. Being easily embarrassed, I have had a terrible time sucking it up when people shorten my name, even in a friendly way. It just doesn't seem like the sort of thing you ought to get all worked up about, but I do. Then I have to stop and think: "S/He's not mocking me", and then let go. Every. time.
Who is this Jen person?
Jen is my Valentine, Boo. *swoony sigh*
Seana, yes, my name has caused some confusion. Usually someone will just comment on how they think it's unusual, but I also get called Samantha a lot, too, because of Bewitched. I don't mind being called Tab, and actually encourage that with smaller children.
*whacks Boo*
I've been meaning to do an update on my blog now that I have news, but I just basically said everything I have to say here. I'm moving, I have a lot of packing to do, I've been shopping a lot. So now I have nothing to add to an actual update. Heh.
i lurve platform shoes. they make me very happy. i bought some black pumps about like yours and they hurt my feet muchly.
i haven't had a shower today.
i'm eating a sub from jersey mikes for dinner.
i broke OT posting a jenny mccarthy rant.
agree with weltek on the tabby thing, tabby.
Post a Comment