Friday, March 10, 2006

Happy Friday

First things first;

*hands HD a tall glass of OJ*
*waits*


Well, I had a good time tonight! I went to a local little Pub and had dinner and drinks with another mom I know from the kids school. We talked about our husbands and our sex lives. She loves her DH and finds him attractive but they only "do it" once a month. WTF? Anyways, to each his own I guess. We talked about other stuff too, but c'mon, I can't just share *everything* with you guys. ;-)

Blogland has been so quiet lately. :( Arkie did the coolest thing on her blog with the video entry, and it was so nice to see. I want to do the 20 questions thing but I'm thinking maybe next week.

One more thing, do you guys swear in public? While at dinner tonight there was some guys playing darts near the booth I was in, and they kept yelling "F*CK" really loudly. I tried to ignore it, but it surprised me each time one would say it. Is that normal behavior? (for them, not me!)

Alright, that's it for now. Everyone have a great Friday! *smooch*

27 comments:

lights said...

Happy Friday mm!!! Hope you have a good weekend too.

I only swear in public if I'm around other people who swear and I know I won't offend anyone. A couple of my friends from Quebec swear no matter where they are and I have felt pretty uncomfortable about it. For them, it's perfectly natural. Maybe Coco can tell me if it's normal in Quebec or if I just have crazy friends.

When we were in Mexico last year I ended up saying something because there was a family sitting at the next table and I felt that my friends should be more discrete. They told me I was a prude but I think it sunk in after they sobered up. *grin*

Jen said...

I like OJ too, ya know. The drink, not the murderer. *grin*

I swear a lot, but I am able to control it when I need to, either tone it down or stop it completely depending on my company and surroundings. It's funny because when my nephew is around, I never swear. My sister never realized how much I swore until we went out without him one day. Heh. But I never just scream "FUCK!" loudly in public places. That's a bit much.

Have a good weekend, MM. *smooooooooooooch*

Swami said...

I rarely swear in public and when I do I never yell it--more likely I do sya it under my breath.

Teen-agers and groups of men seem to swear in public without worrying too much about who is listening.

Once a month? Seems a bit thin to me. Okay, it seems despirately thin.

Happy Friday, mm!!!

HistoryDetective said...

*hand OJ to Jen*

*waits to see what fun will ensue*

Sonya said...

Yes that is normal for men that are drinking in a bar type atmosphere, especially during a game of darts.

Have a great weekend!

Jen said...

Hm. I'm now wondering what's up with the OJ. I missed a joke somewhere, didn't I? Oh well.
*sips OJ* Hey! What the? There's no vodka in here! Sheesh.

mtw said...

Hey, MM. Have a great weekend. Man, you sure seem to talk about sex a lot with your IRL friends. Is this a girl thing, because I rarely talk about that with my guy friends.

The swearing? In a pub, borderline acceptable, I would say. I never swear in public,a nd not much in private. There doesn't seem to be much need. Maybe in the heat of passion, the swearing might come into play, but in public? Never.

I, too, notice a lot of young men who use the most unbelievably foul language anywhere they feel like it without regard to who might be around. Total low lifes who likely have weapons, so I rarely say anything.

Once, at a public park, during my daughter's baton lesson, a guy turned his car radio up full blast right in front of us, playing his rap filth. Every other word was either "n*gger, p*ssy, f*ck, b*tch, c*nt. No joke. I asked him to turn it down because of my daughter and he went crazy on me! It almost got ugly! Unbelievable.

A week or so later, he apologized to me about it.

momma said...

I swear, but rarely do I yell it. But like many of the others, I will watch what I say depending on who I am around.

And once a month? Yipes.

HistoryDetective said...

Ummm, Jen, the vodka would be really counterproductive for MM's purposes with the OJ...

But let us know if you want to start petting anybody (or everybody).

mm said...

I only mind people swearing when there are children around. Maybe I'm too uptight about it, I don't know, but that's how I feel. It *was* pretty late, and we *were* in a Pub, so I wasn't shocked exactly, but since I'm not used to hearing it, every time was noticeable (for me).

MTW ~ I only talk sex with a couple of my girlfriends, and my boyfriend. *grin*

Jen, you can have some of the OJ, but it's really important to me that HD drinks a fair share. Apparently I'm not good enough for him, and he needs to have some um, assistance.

*watches Jen come on to Lights*

Lasann said...

My 18 and 21 year old boys bother me with their swearing. My 21 year old sometimes says *fuck* every other word. When I was younger I think I swore more but then when you slip up at work! I'm hoping he will slow down now that he's working.

Blogland has been quiet and I tool loved Arkie's video.

MTW - yes women talk about sex all the time with their gf's. Men think about it every 8 seconds, women talk about it every 8 seconds.

I"m soooo glad it's Friday. It's taking all I have not to leave work early!

OJ is good!

HistoryDetective said...

Oh dear. Is there going to be OJ in Niagara?!

Jen said...

HD can have all the OJ, MM. (That's a lot of abbreviations in one sentence.) I don't need any assistance to want you. *wink* *flirt* *smooch*

mm said...

HD, if I thought having some OJ in Niagra would help me out with you, I'd definitely be going!

*still waiting to see if the OJ is going to have the desired effect*

But Jen isn't that far and I think she may be easier (umm, no offense Jen). *smooch*

Immunegirl said...

I swear in public, but mostly only around people who I know won't mind. And only in conversation, not yelling. Unless I am really drunk, and then who knows what will come out of my mouth.

Aislinn Sirk said...

So why is it terribly wrong to swear in front of children and OK the rest of the time. I sometimes wonder if we don't like something, we use the kids as an excuse.

I prefer to save my swears until I mean it.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Oh! Oh! Oh!

One Christmas, I got this present from my nephew. It was a mini cash register. You twirl the sidearm and it gives you an electric shock. I "let" my sister try it. She twirled it and then yelled "FUCK" as she was zapped.

We all turned to look at her and started laughing. I think it was the only time I heard her swear.

mm said...

Personally, I don't swear much *away* from kids either, but I thinks it's inappropriate in front of them. I don't have many (Ok, any) friends who swear a lot in front of me at all, but maybe they don't because I don't and they assume I'll be offended. I don't know. But I *will* say something to someone if they use bad language in front of my kids.

And LOL at your sister. I would drop dead if I heard my mother use that word.

Swami said...

I have never heard either of my sisters say fvck. Or my brother or my mother. I barely said fvck until I started hanging around on the internet, where people say things like fvck you, you fvcking fvck! See, that's pretty funny!

My kids have heard me (very rarely) say fvck, but I don't think either sister ever has. Or my mother.

cq said...

well i'm glad you had fun. as for swearing, yeah, i guess in a bar it's all right. i generally speak however i speak unless there are children around.

mtw said...

Tuesday night I was almost in a serious accident with younger DD in the car. We had to swerve dramatically to avoid a severe collision.

I was actually quite proud that in addition to my calm, controlled evasive maneuver, I was able to keep from unleashing a string of obscenities.

A couple of weeks ago, I said f*ck with older DD in the car when another car almost hit us in the parking lot. I don't even know if she heard me. If she did, she just ignored it.

I know she uses that kind of language with her friends, but I've never heard her say the "F" word.

mm said...

Hi CQ, welcome to my blog!

Good for you MTW, not swearing that position would be really hard!

Puffy said...

I've tried several times to access Arkie's blog today, but I get nothing. Can't even refresh and get it. Wah!

Monstah said...

Hi MM! I am just starting to get back into blogland. I will have to see if Ahkie's video will work for me.

Anyway, no, we don't swear in public so much. But then again, I am seldom in a bar/pub atmosphere.

*smooch*

Rose said...

Hello Miss thing!

This is proof that I have not died.

See?

(plus I just posted my vacay pics, so this was a good time to promote them)

~Nutz said...

I very rarely swear in private, much less in public. If I start swearing, you better watch out because I'm really, really pissed off. Mr. Nutz swears in normal conversation every.darn.day.

...then, he complains about Nutzgirl doing the same thing! She's not quite as bad as him, but she could make a truck driver blush at times! Nutzboy hardly ever swears. He's such a good boy. *grin*

mm said...

Looks like you missed the video Puffy. :( Maybe she'll do another sometime.

Hi Monsty! We've all missed you but we know you have important baby business to take care of. Thanks for dropping by! *smooch*

Rose, welcome back! I loved the pics, you're so cute!!

LOL, Nutz. I'll remember that and *duck* next time I hear you swearing! Good for Nutzboy! He takes after his momma! ;-)