Thursday, February 23, 2006

Three things

I don't have too much to update about lately, but I was sitting here in my living room, where my computer is, and I was looking at things I love in this room. Not things I like, but things I *love*. I'd like to know what three things are currently in the room where you are now (even if you're at work) that you absolutely love. My three are;

(side note~ if you're having a bad day and need to vent, you *can* always list three things that you hate in the room)

1. My couches. I bought them last year at this time, and not *once* have I had to spot clean them. I have no doubt that they have spots, but they are a dark enough color with a material that doesn't show anything. And? They are still the softest couches I've ever felt. I really, really, love my couches. I bought every piece they had. The sofa, the loveseat, the "chair and a half" and the ottoman. Love them!

2. My cat Bailey. He likes to lay on the computer desk (even though there's not enough room). He knocks anything off the desk that is even remotely near him, because it all offends him, apparently. Even when he's sleeping, he responds to me everytime I talk to him, if I use his name. He'll make a little noise to acknowledge me, though he won't lift his head or (god forbid) open his eyes. Sometimes his tummy will constrict a little like he wants to meow, but he doesn't quite make the sound come out (too much effort). Too cute. I love Bailey. :)

3. Here is a toss-up. I have two things. My new lap blanket I bought at the store tonight is so soft it's ridiculous. You know those little stuffed animals that they keep making softer and softer? It's made out of that stuff. I got a light beige color, and I really love it. It's on my lap now and I can barely type because I want to keep touching it.
The other thing is being used as a pencil/pen holder but it is probably a vase. It's a mosaic glass one with the prettiest Moroccan/bohemian colors (is that a possible color combo? because I am totally guessing). I don't know what it is about it, but I just adore it. Maybe because it's a little different from what I usually buy, color-wise.

Also, not to completely ignore my own "three things" number, but I also have some CDs here that I love. Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Everytime I see it, I feel *swoony*. That one and a couple other CDs I have make me feel all kinds of love.

25 comments:

lights said...

Hmmm, three things that I love about my office at work?

1) My picture of Holly in a ceramic frame that says Spoiled Rotten. The picture is of her when she was a puppy. There was a pillow on the floor and she was laying there with her head on the pillow. She's such a Princess!

2) The "poop moose" I brought back from Alaska. It's a cheap little key chain thingy shaped like a moose and when you squeeze it's belly, "poop" pokes out of his bum. Yes, I know, I'm weird.

3) My picture/magnet/calander from RedLady. Some of you might remember her from the early days of OT. It's so nice to look over and see her smiling face when I'm stressed out. It makes me smile and helps make the stress go away.

I'll have to do this again when I get home. But I might not be able to stop at three things there. *grin*

Swami said...

Well, I work from home so my list may be different. I am going to count anything I can see from this chair, not just the stuff in this room which is not my favorite room.

1. A signed, silk screen print of The Raven which I bought on the streets of Vancouver from C. B. Greul when I was a young teen and he was still a starving artist.

2. A framed studio photo of my three children.

3. A 5 ft carved teak wood Buddha from Bali that I bought in Massacheusetts a few years ago. It is serene perfection and always makes me feel at peace.

My Lazyboy style chair gets honorable mention. I don't exactly love how it looks, but dang is it a comfortable thing to sink into!

Jen said...

I don't think I can play this from work. There is nothing that I love about this place. I don't even have any pictures of Tate here. Well, technically I do because I have pics of him in my purse and my purse is in this room. Ok, there's 2 things. Pictures of Tate, and my purse. *grin* And I have a cool mouse pad (it has Japanese symbols on it and it says "Peace".)
I could do much better from home. Be back later!

Bravie said...

I'm at work so this won't be easy. At home it would be much easier.

#1 My computer
#2 My Radio
#3 My collection of Happy Meal toys.

mtw said...

OK, I can play - even from my office.

Three things I love. First, on my wall, I have pinned up Father's Day cards from my little baton twirler. One of them is two hands at each end of one long arm - it's a "hug" for me.

Second, I have a pen given to me by someone special (ooh, yes, a girl!). I don't write with it; it's attached to my wall where I can see it every day.

Third, is my collection of comics - about 12 of them - that I really find hilarious and/or meaningful. It takes a lot to make the "cartoon wall". It has to be both funny and relevant. One is a Far Side comic, with a dog at the front of a leash, leading a party of about 15 hunters into the woods. They are following him, counting on his nose to provide them with leadership...the thought balloon has the dog saying to himself "I can't smell a damn thing" which is exactly how I feel sometimes!

Oh and MM? I *lvoe* Elton John. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road used to be my very favorite CD of all time.

mtw said...

Oh, right now? I'm listening to a CD at work that makes me feel swoony.

I just recently figured out that listening to music blocks out the constant chaose that seems to be happening around me.

mm said...

Lights! I know what keychains you're talking about! They totally gross me out. LOL! (I can totally picture Holly posing like that, BTW. Too cute!)

The Buddha sounds interesting Swami. Is it in the office with you? I'm thinking it would be good to have in an office environment like that, just for the reason you love it.

Jen, do come back later. The purse doesn't really count because it will also be at home with you later, but I'll let you slide (this time) because you were a great Valentines. ;-)

Carey, Happy Meal toys? Which ones? Too vague. More details please!

MTW, I love the comic wall idea. I have a few on my fridge that I love, and have had them for years. The Far Side was great, does Gary Larson still do them? I think he retired...? And yes, Elton John is awesome.

Sonya said...

I'm at work, so I'm three things will be:

1. The door to my office, so I can close it and keep people out.

2. My computer, so I can blog on the internet with yall.

3. The thermostat, so I can turn the heat up or the air up depending on the weather.

Bravie said...

Tons of Happy Meal toys. I have some Chicken little toys, some W.I.T.C.H. toys, little stuffed animals, um..some other disney toys. The cool thing is that they ask you if the meal is for a girl or a boy so I get one one time and then the other the next time.
I just offloaded about a dozen different ones on my coworker who has kids. Those were all of my doubles. *grin*

mm said...

LOL @ the door comment Sonya! I like that one. :)

Carey, so do you get Happy Meals every time you eat there?

thndrkttn said...

1. My Department of Justice seal given to me when I left the Syracuse office. It's signed by everyone.

2. A 28 x 40 picture of 17 rubber banded bundles of U.S. currency totalling $21,431.00 seized from some bag guys. It was from a trial where I did all the exhibits. They let me keep this one as long as I worked within the DOJ system. It even has the cool little yellow "Government Exhibit #15" sticker in the lower right corner.

3. One of our engagement photos that DH secretly had copied and put in a stained glass frame for me. *sigh* I love him.

Sonya said...

Happy Meals rock!

~Nutz said...

1. My computer! Duh!

2. My rolltop desk, which holds my... COMPUTER!

3. My Cherished Teddies collection in the beautiful corner curio cabinet that is one of the few things I have left from my MIL.

mm said...

Neat stuff, Tkitt. Very impressive! Those are things you will cherish forever.

Nutz, #3 is the kind of thing I bet you just love to look at, and it makes you happy. Weird though, I keep my teddies in the back of my underwear drawer! ;-)

mtw said...

Nutz has a collection of skimpy nighties in her curio cabinet???

*wow*

mm said...

Jinx MTW!

~Nutz said...

Omigawd! Do you think my deceased MIL would cringe if I kept those teddies in the curio?

...and what about visitors? *snort* @ the thought of me putting them on display!

Swami said...

Actually, MM, the Buddha is in the one tiny sliver of the living room which I can see from the computer desk. I never thought of that when I placed him, but it is nice to see the statue from here.

I remember playing with the pooping keychains every time I went into SA, Lights. I was particularly fond of the pooping cow. I never bought one though!

arkie said...

Since I'm at home now, this one is easy to answer.
1. A watercolor picture of flowers in a vase that arkieboy painted in the fourth grade (I think it was the 4th), that I had matted and framed.

2. My "I *heart* Georgia" beanie bear that Nookie included in my crap basket when I met her.

3. The "bluebird of happiness" that a former boss gave to me as a going away gift.

momma said...

At home, in my living room:

1. My computer - without it, life would be a lot less interesting :) And I'd probably have more money! Damn ebay.

2. My kids' pictures. There are tons of them all over our mantle in different black and silver frames at several different ages and stages. Some were taken in a portrait studio, some were candid shots.

3. My Tim Cox print over the entertainment center. It encompasses several things I love dearly - horses, cattle, cowboys, rain, and the open countryside.

Honorable mention goes to Rotten1's art project from earlier this school year that is now framed. It's a construction paper mosaic type thing of the Texas flag.

Coco said...

Late to the party. I'm in my hideous basement, too.

1. My husband.

2. Bridget, the cat that 'followed' Eric home.

3. My sewing box. My mom gave it to me when I started 4-H. It is pînk and wicker, and I .heart. it.

Anonymous said...

1. An invitation from Conner's first birthday party.

2. A framed picture of Michael and me on a cruise, circa 1994. My hair is long, my face isn't fat. We both look very young. And I see a little of Angie Harmon in myself.

3. Various pictures of Conner that I have put aside for framing.

Immunegirl said...

Hmmm...this is tough. It would be way easier if I were in my room instead of in the living room.

1. Tivo
2. My laptop
3. My new Pumas

Okay, maybe this wasn't as hard as I thought, though none of the things are particularly meaningful or sentimental.

Puffy said...

Three things that I love about my home office:
1. Mr. Puffy is at his computer right here next to me.
2. Cleo, my cat is on the desk, right here, next to me.
3. My computer, because without it, I wouldn't know any of you.

HistoryDetective said...

I'm in my living room. Here's my three things:

1. George III --- Carey loves him too!
2. Cast iron doorstop in the shape of a border collie --- ExBF gave it to me for our first Christmas, just two months after we met. I was touched that he already knew me well enough to know that I had a border collie back in Michigan.
3. Framed photograph of me at the FDR Memorial in DC, standing next to the carving of my favorite FDR quote --- "We must scrupulously guard the civil rights and civil liberties of all citizens, whatever their background. We must remember that any oppression, any injustice, any hatred, is a wedge designed to attack our civilization."
Honorable mention: My elliptical trainer --- it's done wonderful things for me lately!