Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ice cream, not diets

Since we are not talking about diets, (right???) I guess we can talk about ice cream. So tonight I was at my parents house and my son was getting me some Tin Roof Sundae ice cream. He asked if I wanted some chocolate syrup on it and I said no. When he brought my bowl to me, it had caramel sauce on it. I was surprised and asked him why he added the sauce and he said I told him to. WTF? No I didn't. I laughed and said I didn't even know there *was* any at the house and even if I had, I would not have wanted it. Everyone looked at me and said, "yes, you DID ask for it". I insisted I wouldn't have said that. Why would I, if I didn't want it, and on top of that, how would I not know I said it? Still, four people in the room are promising me that I asked for it. I'm feeling baffled. But the ice cream was pretty good.

Am I the only one this has happened to?

8 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

duh, it means you are getting old. *grin* Your "no" probably sounded like "caramel" somehow.

On a related note, I informed Nolay there must be sweets involved with Valentine's Day, so we stopped at Dairy Queen and shared a pecan cluster blizzard. It was the first kind of blizzard I ever had, and it's still my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are the only one.

Speaking of ice cream, apparently Chick Fil-A has a most awesome chocolate milkshake, the likes of which I have not yet tried. I'm afraid I could become addicted. So I'm going to pretend I know nothing about it.

I'm not really a big ice cream person, but if it's in the house - especially Breyers Chocolate Chip - I will eat it.

For V Day, I got a tin of Dove chocolate. Yummy!

Bravie said...

Yep, you are officially old now.

Swami said...

There must have been some fine print in his question as originally worded. Unless they are all starting a plot to make you think you are losing your mind?

This has never happened to me. I don't like ice cream. Tin Roof ice cream sounds weird.

Puffy said...

It's a conspiracy.

I bought some Valentine's Day Dove chocolates yesterday for 75% off.

Seana said...

I like Tin Roof Sundae. That's the one with the chocolate-covered peanuts, right? Good stuff.

I agree with Swami that there is an evil plot to make you think you've gone crazy.

Bravie said...

Good on you for backing up Boo. I would respond there but honestly she won't get it and it won't make me feel any better. I wish it would make me feel better because I too would unleash. Without it making me feel better it's just futile. So I am glad that you and Boo have said something to her. She will never get it and she will always live in her fantasy land. *smooch*

MM said...

Thanks Carey. I'm not sure how much *better* it made me feel but at least now I won't regret NOT saying something. *smooch*